How to import users to customers?

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #3255 by websquirrel
How to import users to customers? was created by websquirrel
Hello,

I would like to know how someone could register a customer account? If using the user registration, it would create a joomla user account. But I cannot find any way to import joomla users to customers. :(

And what is the field "Customer code *" for? It is mandatory but I do not know what to enter there and what's the point of it?
Furthermore: Is it possible to have room types that are only visible/bookable to certain customer groups (such as VIP suites)? I cannot see a possibility to set access level for room types. :(

Please help.
Regards.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by websquirrel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #3277 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic How to import users to customers?
Hi,

Please find my reply below

The current basic Customer feature in Solidres is intended for back end management, we had some plan to improve it further but we've not had any requests for it therefore other tasks take higher priority. We could improve it by allow guests to enter their username and password while making reservation in the front end, then they can use that account to manage their reservations and other info in the front end.

You can make make it optional by removing attribute "required" for it in

/administrator/components/com_solidres/models/forms/customer.xml
<field name="customer_group_id" type="customergroup" class="inputbox"
			default="" size="60" label="SR_CUSTOMER_GROUP_ID_LABEL"
			description="SR_CUSTOMER_GROUP_ID_DESC" labelclass="control-label"/>

It is possible to do but access level for room type should be considered as a new feature request because it is not available in current version.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by vietvh.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #3315 by websquirrel
Replied by websquirrel on topic How to import users to customers?

But it does not work yet, does it?
If customers can only be managed in back end, why giving them a username and password? And what for is the current feature?! I do not see any working function. Does this feature make sense recently?
If it is intended to make special tariffs or coupons for special customer groups, then customers must be able to use their customer accounts. Therefore they need to get informed about their username and password. Who does this? I do not see any function that informs users about their credentials. They needed this credentials before registering a room or at least while they register a room, otherwise they would get wrong prices and bills!
Nice, but this does not answer my question. What's the point of this field? I cannot find any practical value in solidres for customer code. Did I miss something?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by websquirrel.

More
10 years 3 months ago #3325 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic How to import users to customers?
Hi websquirrel,

Sorry for not being clear enough, I meant at this moment a customer is only managed manually (create/update/delete) in backend of Solidres, this feature is added after we had several requests for a backend to manage customer manually, customer account is informed manually too so that they can use it to login in the front end. Of course this feature can be extended further if Solidres users are interested in.

In the past when we do a customer development job for a client, they need Solidres to have a customer code field so that they can import their current customers database from their legacy system, one of the use cases of their customer code field is to generate coupon code based on customer code. We thought it could be useful for other Solidres users therefore we added the customer code field into the public version too, it of course plays no role in current Solidres version.

Hope that clear enough.

Moderators: solidres