Search Map - How to

More
5 years 8 months ago #11814 by joomleb
Search Map - How to was created by joomleb
Hi guys,
I taked a look into documentation without success. Always in a Solidres Hub point of view, I have some questions about the use of Google Map on Searches. Please,

1 - How to have a Search Map, where to show a Country Map like Indonesia with all the bookmarks where there are properties ?

2 - Is there a way to set a different icon bookmark for each property category (Hotel, B&B, Hostels etc.) ?

3 - FAQs > 9. Google Maps shows incorrect location:
"Solidres uses Google Maps geocoding service to convert from physical address to coordinates. However, Google Maps is not 100% correct therefore sometimes you will need to enter coordinates manually into table #__sr_reservation_assets"
How to force Property Owners to add manually not only the address, but also the exact coordinates when they add Properties in the Front End ?

4 - Is there any chance to perform a Radius Search ?
For example: I enter a city address and I want to perform a search "from date to date" and show on the Map all the properties disponibility in the "radius" of 3 Km...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #11821 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Search Map - How to
Hi,

1. We have Location Map module which can be used to show all properties in a location (city), not country.

2 & 3. It'd requires some minor code modification.

4. Solidres has a filter "From city centre" (screenshot), it is a feature of Filter module.

Regards,
Attachments:

More
5 years 8 months ago #11828 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Search Map - How to
Hi,
thanks for reply

1 - 2 - 3 - These 3 are a must for us (I can explain why if you want, I don't want annoying here).
Please, Can you give us instructions / suggestions / guides on how to add those features ?

4 - interesting, but not so useful.
A lot of time people travel for business, to visit a company, to visit a fair, to visit a friend, and want look for near there.
Be able to add a point (those) from where to calculate the Km radius should be the real solution to all needs, including the city center...

More
5 years 8 months ago #11833 by solidres
Hi,

2 & 3. We are sorry but code modification is out of the support scope.

4. We will take note it as new feature request.

Regards,

More
5 years 8 months ago #11837 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Search Map - How to
Hi,
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, have "code modification" here was not our intention.
We are used to read all the sites informations and follow strictly the rules on them.

As you know, because we wrote it to you by email before to post, the questions goal here was/is: use Solidres...
Being the points 1 - 2 - 3 a must for us, we just asked for instructions / suggestions / guides on how to add those features, maybe we just didn't found them here (we took a look for them in Documentation and Forum) to be able to evaluate the implementation (time and how hard) through our developers in case the feature is not present and cannot be implemented by you.

More
5 years 8 months ago #11841 by solidres
Hi,

Our product is 100% open source and you can modify the code to suits your need. If your developers have enough Joomla experience then we think they can handle them well.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres