Upgrade for Restaurant Management System
Upgrading is very simple thanks to the built-in updater that has tight integration with Joomla Installer.
To have a smooth upgrade, you should go through the following checklist:
- Visit our blog to read about new features/bug fixes/improvements in new versions.
- If you are a paid subscribers, make sure that you have all latest versions of your commercial plugins/modules. After upgrade RMS Core, you will need to install the latest version of all commercial plugins/modules to ensure maximum compatibility.
- Make a full backup of your website (including files + database).
The upgrade procedures are:
- Upgrade RMS Core first: you can upgrade automatically via Joomla Installer (Joomla will automatically download and perform all the upgrade tasks for you) or download new RMS Core package and upload it manually using Joomla Installer.
- After RMS core is upgraded successfully, install the latest version of all commercial plugins one by one using Joomla Extension Installer. Note that you don't need to remove the currently installed versions.
- Make sure all template override files are updated according to the new version. If you have any issues after upgrading, make sure that you disable all template override for RMS in your templates and try again. Template override is stored in JROOT/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME/html/com_rms, you can rename or remove this folder.
- Make a test reservation at the front end and ensure it is working correctly.
Upgrading does NOT delete or remove any of your data like tables, menus etc. Your data is safe during upgrading.