Enhancement of the custom fields feature

More
8 years 6 months ago #6335 by sjp
Hello Vietvh,

I have a suggestion for the custom fields area. Now hotels have to put in facilities, activities, services, internet, and parking in a text field. This could be made a lot easier for hotels (especially on portals) if they can select the activities, services, activities etc. by checking boxes. At a lot of OTA's it works that way in their administration area. You have this feature already for the facility area for filter results area.

This tick box method is better I think, because it saves the hotel partners a lot of time completing their listing and for guests it will be easier to compare properties" activities, facilities, services.

I hope you will consider this for a future update of Solidres.

Best regards,

Sandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #6338 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Enhancement of the custom fields feature
Hi Sandra,

Do you have a full list of them? If yes could you email that list to us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.?

We are interest in this too and we want to make a complete list by comparing all possible sources first.

Regards,

More
8 years 6 months ago #6350 by sjp
Hi Vietvh,

Yes, I have a list, but I made this purely for my own niche portal. I just want to have the oppertunity to put the values in myself, so my customers can only tick the boxes in the front admin (like in the facility feature in the front admin.) This is for hub-subscribers the best way to make sure they can customize everything for their own type of customers. So I don't recommend you to put in tick boxes in for hub-subscribers, this will be to limited.

Best regards,
Sandra

More
7 years 1 month ago #9277 by sjp
Hello,
After a very long time I have not seen any improvements in the custom field feature. I would really love to have the option to make a list of values for custom fields like facilities, activities, services in a tick-box format. I want to have the possibility to make the list of values myself, so that properties listed on my site only have to tick the boxes. In the listing travellers will only see the values the properties selected.

I don't think your company should make this list of values, because every hotel and travel website could need other types of values. It is better to let Solidres subscribers put in their own values for the custom field tick-boxes in the back-end.

I hope you will implement it this year. I think the tick-boxes will be a big improvement of the custom field section.

Best regards,
Sandra

More
7 years 1 month ago #9279 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Enhancement of the custom fields feature
Hi,

Thank you for feedback.

We've not implemented this feature because there are other higher priority features which we need to work on them first.

To other users, please reply here if you are also interested in this feature. The priority of a feature depends on the number of user requests.

Regards,

More
6 years 7 months ago #10077 by alfred
Replied by alfred on topic Enhancement of the custom fields feature
this is a must have feature for me as well would make your product much more marketable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjp

Moderators: solidres