What about the images Directory for the Hub?

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #11030 by abosaleh
Hi every one
Currently Solidres offer uploading images to same folder (on the server). However, each partner can only see his own pictures which is good.
Let us consider a partner who manages 20 assets with, say, 10 images at least for each. Accordingly, when he browses for the images using the image manager, he will be seeing 200 images altogether.
From one hand, he can code images based on Asset names so that he can easily know which is belong to which.
However, in my opinion, if sub-folders are created for each Partner, and sub-folders are also created for each Asset; then life will be much easier.
I could test for some code that adds a sub-folder for the Partner upon uploading his images, but I found it difficult to list images or thumbnails later on on the front page or even in the image library (front end).
I know that I must append the path of each image to the image name and save it in the db.
My question is: Is there a good reason on why Solidres is using just one common folder?
For instance, on the JCE editor, and by using the File Directory Path: (images/partners/$id), Joomla could offer exactly what I am looking for, but only for editor itself (the $id is the key word here which creates a folder with same id of the Partner, inside this folder he can create unlimited no. of sub-folders as well).

Thanks for your help.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by abosaleh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #11032 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic What about the images Directory for the Hub?
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We think it is better suited for the Feature Request forum.

About the directory structure, the current one is not the best structure, however it works fine for us so far. There could be more structures and each structure has its own strengths and limitations.

We are open for suggestions to improve it further without affecting backward compatibility.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: solidres