Different Dashboards for Different User Groups?

More
4 years 1 month ago #16529 by jhernandezb85
Hi everyone;

I have this scenario:
A customer (a guest) have his/her own dashboard, configured as follow: www.solidres.com/documentation/joomla-do...d-customer-dashboard
This customer decided to become a partner (a host), so... Do i have to configure 2 different dashboards, one to see the reservations etc (Customer Dashboard), and another one to "manage" the assets? (Partner Dashboard)

Is there an option to put everything in one dashboard?

If I use "Editor" as Partner User Group as suggested, do I have to add manually "Partners" to the Editor User Group? Can this be done automatically?

Thanks for any help!

JL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #16531 by solidres
Hi,

It is highly recommended to use separated account for Customer and for Partner. The Custom Dashboard and the Partner Dashboard are also separated, we do not see any good reasons to merge them.

If you want a user to become a Partner automatically, then you can use the Subscription feature, more details can be found here:

www.solidres.com/documentation/joomla-do...ission-in-hub-plugin

Regards,

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #16532 by jhernandezb85
Replied by jhernandezb85 on topic Different Dashboards for Different User Groups?
Thanks for the answer, but it's not exactly what I need.
Let me try to be more creative here;

Can I create 2 menu types: One for Customer Dashboard and another one for Partners Dashboards like this.

- My Menu (Logged in users) With other logged in user's options.
--- View as Traveler (Customer Dashboard) Could be "Manage my travels" or similar
--- View as Host (Partner Dashboard) Could be "Manage my properties" or similar

So when a user switch to "View as traveler"; hide "View as traveler" menu and show "View as Host" menu, and ...
when a user switch to "View as host"; hide "View as host" menu and show "View as traveler" menu.
To make this work, I set "Register" user group for both Customer and Partners.
For me "Partners" = "Hosts"
Is possible like this?

Other option is to set some kind of form, like "Apply to become a Host (Partner)" and process it manually, leaving everything as it is.

In my scenario, commission and subscriptions are not an option (Not like this) because I'm in Cuba, with tooooo many limitations and restrictions; and my future partners (Hosts) do not have a way to pay me back a commission or subscriptions, so I have to take 100% payments and then keep 15% for me (just an example) and send the rest to the Host.
Other Option is to charge just a commission at booking time, and the Guest will pay the rest to the Host, the problem with this scenario is, if the guest make a "No Show", Hosts will lose money, a cancellation policy will not take effect, i will not be able to offer some protection with disputes, etc; and everything can go soooo fast to the HELL.

Other things to consider

Currently, to many others like me, we are Airbnb Experiences Hosts, but Airbnb take a 20% from us, and we have to play with Airbnb Rules, so we decided to make some "Space" (a web site) for ourselves to put our own "things" and play with our own rules.
Is there a small chance to have from you, a full copy of Solidres with out any type of support or anything like that, just to install it in a localhost XAMPP and show the rest of the hosts what Solidres can do for us?

Thanks for everything; JL.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by jhernandezb85. Reason: Typing errors

More
4 years 1 month ago #16533 by solidres
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

It is not possible that way, the ideal setup with our system is that Partner account and Customer account should be separated. So a customer logged in and view Customer Dashboard, a partner logged in and view Partner Dashboard.

It is easy to set up with this scenario, you can just set the subscription price = 0 which means free, then a user who want to become a partner will subscribe, fill their info, don't have to pay anything, submit the form and become the partner automatically.

If you want to take 100% reservation payment at the booking time and pay the commission later manually, then we have an option for that (attached screenshot).

We also sent you a demo account to our live demo site, please feel free to evaluate it and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Attachments:

Moderators: solidres