Questions on payment gateways

More
3 years 2 months ago #18005 by rlbbsand
Questions on payment gateways was created by rlbbsand
I'm evaluating different booking engines. I didn't see any info on how the credit card is stored if you by the payment gateway. I would be using Square.

Could you describe if the card info is stored in Joomla or on Square?

Can a customer make a reservation and then use a different card to pay?

Can the payment be made at checkout?

How is the credit card stored with the pay later option?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #18006 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Questions on payment gateways
Hi,

For Square, the card payment is processed by Square server, Solidres does not store any card info.

Regarding Pay Later, it is actually "Cash" payment, it was designed for use case "book now, pay later at the hotel".

Regards,

More
3 years 2 months ago #18007 by rlbbsand
Replied by rlbbsand on topic Questions on payment gateways
Great! About both of those. Follow up questions.

Does the payment gateway component allow for a guest entering a card to just be authorized when they book, then processing it on check out?

And some guests will ask when they arrive could the card just be swiped. Or they could decide to switch to pay with cash. Or they could ask to pay with a different card. Would those situations work?

More
3 years 2 months ago #18014 by rlbbsand
Replied by rlbbsand on topic Questions on payment gateways
I am excited about Solidres as a potential solution for my B&B web site. I have done customized Joomla web sites for several businesses so I think I can handle anything I would need on the main Solidres product and the templates. I just need to know the scope of what the payment gateway can do to make the informed choice to move from Littlehotelier. I'm looking at Bellebnb too. The cost on those is the problem but everything is streamlined and taken care of for me. Solidres and Myallocator would be 1/2 or even 1/3 of the cost and I could mostly customize whatever I want. I can't demo the payment gateway module so let me know how these two things work or not work, thanks!

1) Does the payment gateway component allow for a guest entering a card to just be authorized when they book, then processing it on check out?

2) And some guests will ask when they arrive could the card just be swiped. Or they could decide to switch to pay with cash. Or they could ask to pay with a different card. Would any of those situations work? I could just set the expectation that they won't but want to know how far I can go with it.

More
3 years 2 months ago #18017 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Questions on payment gateways
Hi,

1. There are several payment plug-in that allow payment authorization like Stripe:

www.solidres.com/subscribe/payment-gateways

2. In this case, you can use the Payment History to register new payment bases on their preferred payment option.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: rlbbsand

Moderators: solidres