Link to Video and comments

More
9 years 10 months ago #4283 by JohnB
Link to Video and comments was created by JohnB
Dear Viet Vu,

Did contact you before, but as I am experimenting with the free 0.6.2 version of Solidres and read through most documentation and still have 4major things I cannot figure out exactly. As I can imagine you would like to keep your forum structured I ask related questions here and two other related in another post:

Video:
Video gets more important and I would appreciate your suggestion on how best to add a link opening a youtube or vimeo video describing the property (in a modal window would be nice). Great if the owners can make this link themselves, but not a big deal if I have to do it from the backend. Any suggestion.

Comments:
I had contact by mail with you in which you told me that a commenting/reviewing system was not planned yet. Though I think this is a major important component for the HUB version, I can see that you are having quiet a workload/roadmap before you. For this reason, I think about making a connection between Solidres and a forum. So my question is probably similar to the above subject about, how to make a custom field to have a link displayed on each hotel.

Thanks again for this great work, hope it will keep developing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #4295 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Link to Video and comments
Hi,
Thank you for that.

The best possible way is to insert your Youtube iframe link directly into your asset's description. Don't forget to change the filer rules of field "Description" in /administrator/components/com_solidres/models/forms/reservationasset.xml to prevent Joomla auto strips out those custom tags (change from safehtml to raw)

We've not received enough requests for it therefore we have to lower its priority in favor of other highly requested features.

To add a custom fields to your asset, make sure that you follow this documentation first:

www.solidres.com/documentation/13-config...to-add-custom-fields

Cheers,

More
9 years 10 months ago #4309 by JohnB
Replied by JohnB on topic Link to Video and comments
Thanks for the fast answer. This definitely helps me, though I thinking now about adding one custom field (according to your instructions).
For a video, it would be nice to have the client add the Youtube/Vimeo link and when clicked on the frontend opened in a modal popup. In a similar way I could add a forum to the site and use a customfield to connect to the relevant forum items. My job to figure out how to do it, but maybe you could give me hint if there is some impossibility in this or something I should take into account (Your remark about safehtml to raw definately helps me!!!)

More
9 years 10 months ago #4318 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Link to Video and comments
Hi,

Your requirements are all possible and they are not very hard to do, just make an override layout in your template and start your own modification from there, I'd suggest you to modify those files:

/components/com_solidres/view/reservationasset/tmpl/*

Which layout file should be edited depends on how you want your video and forum links to be displayed.

Cheers,

Moderators: solidres