Map and filter module

More
8 years 7 months ago #6262 by christos
Map and filter module was created by christos
Hello,
isn't it strange that filter and map modules do not display something when i m in a hotel page? As i see in your template this is the way they should function but it is strange. In L'amour template when i search for Florida both modules display correctly, when i enter a hotel both don't display something. In Adora template when i search for singapore and then enter a hotel page only the filter module display its options. Is there a setting for both to display what they should in every page?
When someone is in a hotel page this doesn't mean that it is his/hers final choice and he/she still needs the filter options or the map to continue searching. Also what if you like a hotel but you want to see its exact location on map, you must go back to load the map module.
In bottom line it is ugly and waste of space to have blank modules in your sidebar.

Two more questions about these modules
1) Is it possible the hotel name in map to be link to the hotel page?
2) When i disable a filter option, such as category (from solidres configuration), the title is shown in module and only the options are hidden, this is also strange, what is the meaning of displaying the title and not the options? it should hide the title also. Is there a way to do that?

Thank you in advance
Christos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #6263 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Map and filter module
Hi Christos,

Filter module and Map module are both developed for the Hub search page (the page shows the search results with multiple assets in it). They should be hidden or emptied when guest goes into a specific hotel detail page. You can see the similar behavior at booking.com at well. What you see in L'Amour demo is from the latest version of both modules, there is no option for it at this moment.

I agree with you that a better breabcrumbs could make the flow better, we will consider it for upcoming releases.

You don't need to do that because in each hotel detail page, there is a map link to show the position of that asset.

Yes it is possible, you can add a new feature request for it.

It is because your template is still using an old version of Filter module from their template override, you should ask them to update it or disable ithe template override.

Regards

More
8 years 7 months ago #6264 by christos
Replied by christos on topic Map and filter module
Is it possible to hide theses modules in hotel page (without loosing the sidebar)? Because showing them empty is really misleading.If i have an empty module at the sidebar that titles "location on the map" and there is nothing in it, most visitors will think that there is no map. Who will see the small "Show map" phrase?OK :)I have already informed them and waiting for a reply.

Thank you for your time
Christos

More
8 years 7 months ago #6266 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Map and filter module
Hi Christos,

Sure, it is possible with an extra extension called "Advanced Module Manager". After you install it, the configuration is very simple as shown in my attached screenshot.

Regards,
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: christos

More
8 years 7 months ago #6267 by christos
Replied by christos on topic Map and filter module
Thank you vietvh i have this extension but i never used the URL

More
3 years 6 months ago #17666 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Map and filter module

+1 An empty Map should always be shown, in any case...
Users cannot understand that they can perform a map search if they do not see a map !

Moderators: solidres