pricing for channel manager connection

More
8 years 4 months ago #6905 by sjp
Replied by sjp on topic pricing for channel manager connection
Hello Vietvh,

Thanks for getting back so soon. It is good you clarify Solidres will have an APi server handling the channel management connection. So i suppose this is the reason why you want to charge extra for channel management connnection. The point I wanted to make is that this is the first time that a pms/ booking software company will ask me to pay more, because of an api connection with an external channel management system.

In my opinion it isn't right of you to ask me for names of other pms companies and then use this information to compare pricing of a fully hosted cloud based pms and booking engine service like Reservation Key or any other cloud based service I mentioned , that doesnt require an own hosting account or installing any software updates, with a self hosted service like Solidres. In your calculatation on this forum you state that Solidres is cheaper than this other service, while not taking into account the hosting costs that is involded of having Solidres running on an own hosting account and the installation work involded of having a self hosted booking / pms solution. Not to mention the difference in features and functionalities between different systems, that is hard to compare. And I know, because I used all these systems in the past.

Thanks for your attention!

Best regards,
Sandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #6906 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic pricing for channel manager connection
Hi,

We are open for discussion therefore your opinion is always welcome. The beta testing is not yet completed and there is a lot of aspects that need to be re-evaluated, both technically and financially. We are totally aware of different cost & pricing structure of different businesses, for sure we will take into account all relevant factors before we officially launch it in the near future.

Regards,

More
8 years 4 months ago #6909 by bluealmondhostel
Replied by bluealmondhostel on topic pricing for channel manager connection
Sandra, Vietvh is right about the middle server, it would be too much of a technical task to put on hands if the connection was directly from our hosting servers, plus each would have to get API access from Myallocator separately.

On a sidenote when it comes to pricing to me is understood that it going to be competitive as myallocator is mostly used by the hostel industry, i've been using them for 2 years and they have never raised their 17 USD price, and i'm told by people who had been using them for way more than, that the price has always been the same when the original developers started.

Also Sandra, you are wrong when you say that the PMS on MA are free, they charge a buck per room/per month, also maxbookings gives you the option to charge a percentage or a flat fee. Cloudbeds puts everything (channel manager, PMS and booking engine) on a bundle for 70 USD/month

I just got a subscription for SOLIDRES in order to be on the beta!

More
8 years 4 months ago #6914 by sjp
Replied by sjp on topic pricing for channel manager connection
Hello Bluemondhostel,

I wasn't suggesting making a direct connection from our own hostings servers. That will probably be to much work for properties. I hope it will not be necessary for hotel groups and booking portals too.

To be honest vietvh asked me per email for my opinion about the channel managers I worked with before. I have used several. I recommended MyAllocator, because I also have been using this channel manager for a couple of years. I started using it when the original developers still owned it and they didn't have so many channels yet. The pricing is very good as you have already mentioned. Their system is easy to work with and their customer service is great. So I am very glad that Solidres have chosen My Allocator as their channel management partner.

So my concern is not about the pricing for The My Allocator system which is still 17 USD per month, but about the new subscription levels that Solidres want to introduce, because of this channel management connection:
Solidres: "After the beta testing is completed, the Channel Manager will require a separated subscription level, the pricing is not yet determined but it will be very competitive. All beta testers will receive a big discount as a reward."

That sounds to me that we will have to change to the new subscription levels and that we also have to pay Solidres more money if we want the channel management connection to My Allocator.

I wasn't saying that these other PMS systems were free. The PMS systems I used before (like Bananadesk, BnB manager and ResKey) charged a monthly fee according to the number of beds or rooms in the property, but did't charge anything on top of that or didn't use another subscription level for using the channel management feature. That was included in the service. That was my experience when I used them. I used MaxBooking booking engine before. Did you use them? Because when I used them the system did not cost me a dime, unless I got bookings and if I decided to pay for the booking fee of 2 USD per booking instead of the guest. Also i didn't have to pay anything extra to be connected to the MyAllocator system.

As I mentioned before in another message it is hard to compare Solidres with these cloud based services, because these systems are hosted on their own servers and have different features.

Great you signed up for beta testing and good luck!

Best regards, Sandra

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #7234 by bluealmondhostel
Replied by bluealmondhostel on topic pricing for channel manager connection
HI SJP,
any luck with the channel manager? did you sign up for beta?

Moderators: solidres