do I need to know programming to customise templates from either of the formats

More
7 years 1 month ago #9441 by jonkrish
Hi,
Do I need to know programming or is it a matter of drag and drop and/or replacing existing texts and photos on the template. Also, if I am not a developer, but the owner of a business, which format is easier, WP or Joomla?.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9442 by solidres
Hi,

Joomla or WP depends on personal preference therefore we'd recommend you to install both Joomla and WP, then set up Solidres on both sites and test them for a while, then decide to go with the CMS that you enjoy the most.

Building an online booking site with Solidres is not very difficult but it does requires Joomla/WP knowledge, programming experience is also helpful to fully utilize the system and to customize it the way you want.

Regards,

More
7 years 1 month ago #9471 by tahir
Hi.
I bought developer. but i have problem in installing template. 7 start template is installed but fail to install quick start and ps D file. do you have any video or documentation to install it. please help. we need to develop site as soon

More
7 years 1 month ago #9477 by solidres
Hi,

The quickstart is a Joomla package therefore you can not install it into an existing Joomla site, you can install quickstart package like installing a new Joomla site:

We have a video showing how to install quickstart package here:

www.solidres.com/support/video-tutorials

PSD file is a Photoshop file and you have to open it with Photoshop, you can not install it in your Joomla site.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres