feature request: Facebook Open Graph

More
10 years 1 month ago #4016 by websquirrel
feature request: Facebook Open Graph was created by websquirrel
Solidres does not support Facebook Open Graph, this is poor these days in my eyes and should updated as soon as possible. Otherwise nobody can post a link on Facebook to a solidres asset without having the wrong image in Facebook. Joomla supports Facebook Open Graph and so any other picture is displayed in Facebook, but none of Solidres. :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #4839 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic feature request: Facebook Open Graph
It is implemented and will be available with Solidres 0.8.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: dannyogolo, Thai-Mc-Tours

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #17689 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic feature request: Facebook Open Graph
Hi Vietvh, Please:

A - Should it work well also with Twitter Cards ?
B - Should it work well also with WhatsApp and FB Messenger ?
C - Is it working only on the Categories / Properties / Experiences pages or also on all the others Solidres menu items pages ?
D - Is it managed from a specific plugin ? Is there any detailed documentation page on how we have to set it ? (I'm not able to find it)
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by joomleb.

More
3 years 5 months ago #17700 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic feature request: Facebook Open Graph
Hi,

A & B. FB Open Graph is not related to Twitter Cards, WhatsApp or FB Messenger.

C. FB Open Graph is designed to work with property/experience single view and list view.

D. It is set automatically in the property/experience single view and list view files.

Regards,

More
3 years 5 months ago #17705 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic feature request: Facebook Open Graph
Hi guys,

A - B - Yes, it is related. At least Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are using the Open Graph protocol .
Here some useful links for all:
- Facebook Open Graph
- Twitter Cards
- All the meta tags that are a must - (included "FB App ID" and the "Twitter Site")

WhatsApp and Messenger haven't their own tags, but their are using "rules" on how they scan into them to show Title, Description, Image during chat sharing. Messenger I suppose it is changing something right now with the Instagram fusion. WhatsApp for example:
- it seems that it can read the "og:..." properties
- that into an og:image list, it will use the last one
- it is using a square image in case it will be cropped automatically
- 300 x 300 - 256 x 256 pixels are suggested, but on my tests I had back good results by cropping the facebook one into 600x600
- it seems it has a 300 KB
So, sometimes for WhatsApp it is useful to use an "intro" image instead of the "full" image by adding the intro image at the end of the og:image list

Our portal lives of shares, and this function is critical. By default we are managing them through the JFBConnect Social Meta feature , skipping all the Components that are yet managing them internally and automatically for all their items (Otherwise JFBC would need a specific Object plugin to manage them).

So, for example, we are skipping Solidres because it is managing Open Graph internally and each Property / Experience page (list) during Facebook/Twitter/WhatsApp/Messenger sharing will automatically show its own Title Description, Image, Image Alt ...etc.

C - D - Thanks, I'm going to test it thoroughly and let you know :)

More
3 years 5 months ago #17710 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic feature request: Facebook Open Graph
Hi,

A & B. We know they use Open Graph, what we meant is that we implemented FB Open Graph, and it is for using with FB, not Twitter. You should raise a separated feature request for it (Twitter Cards).

Regards,

Moderators: solidres