Adblock blocking carousel images

More
7 years 2 months ago #9370 by emayor
Adblock blocking carousel images was created by emayor
Greetings!

I'm using Solidres in a Joomla! template.
I'm trying to replace the carousel's sample images in public_html/media/com_solidres/assets/images/system with the room's pictures, always regenerating the thumbnails at each time I upload them.
But I have AdBlock Plus installed in Chrome and it blocks the carousel thumbs! I know that if I disable it that solves the problem but I need a solution to be sure it won't happen to others who use it!
I've already tried renaming the images (the full-sized ones, not their thumbs) using the names of the sample data files and it doesn't work either. Also I read that naming files like 'myimage_300x250.jpg' (using common ad dimensions) makes them vulnerable against Adblock, and the thumbnails have that kind of naming. Is there any additional setting I have to make to solve this?
Thanks.
Btw i'm new here so guide me if I'm asking this in the wrong place!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #9372 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Adblock blocking carousel images
Hi,

You can overcome that issue by changing your image dimension a little bit, like 301px instead of the standard 300px, more information can be found here:

www.nealchester.com/2015/adblock-blocks-wordpress-images/

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: emayor

More
7 years 2 months ago #9374 by emayor
Replied by emayor on topic Adblock blocking carousel images
Solved! Thank you very much!
I changed the thumbs size from the Solidres global configuration settings and it just works!

Moderators: solidres