Pre sales question

More
6 years 6 months ago #10429 by imsleepy
Pre sales question was created by imsleepy
Hello,
I am a little confused about the channel manager in the Bundle package. If I can set prices etc through Solidres why do I also need a subscription to MyAllocator? I currently have Beds24 at $26 month which meets most of my needs. If I am reading correctly to have channel manager through Solidres at $129 for 6 months and MyAllocator at $34 per month seems like I am double paying. Why do I NEED Solidres if I have to have My Allocator also. Very confusing. Which product would I use to update rates etc? I am not finding this information anywhere. MyAllocator seems to be what I already have through Beds24 in which case why do I need Solidres? What are the benefits of switching to Solidres and MyAllocator? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #10431 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Pre sales question
Hi,

Thank you for asking.

Solidres and MyAllocator are different systems, Solidres is the booking engine + PMS and MyAllocator is the Channel Manager (just like Beds24), you can see it clearer in the first image of this tutorial:

www.solidres.com/documentation/joomla-do...gure-channel-manager

With Solidres, you have a booking engine so that you can take booking directly on your own website. Solidres also offer some functionality of a PMS as well so that you can manage your property (Housekeeping, Report & Statistics .etc.). It is not just about rate and availability management which is one of the features of a booking engine / PMS.

So if you want to rely entirely on your OTA without having to establish your own booking site which guest can book direct with you, then you don't need a booking engine/PMS. But it is not good in term of business and future growth, having a good direct booking channel (via your own website) is very important nowadays, cause nobody want to lose hard earning money to pay OTA's commissions. Don't depends on OTA.

Solidres integrates with MyAllocator, that means if you use Beds 24, then you can not use Channel Manager in Solidres.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #10435 by imsleepy
Replied by imsleepy on topic Pre sales question
Is there a way to test channel manager without buying first? The free version does not have it available. I will not be testing on a live site since I don't want to make any changes to the live site until I am sure the changes are beneficial to our little business, but I can't determine if it meets our needs if I can't test it first. The MyAllocator has a free trial but that does no good if I can't test with your system. Currently Beds24 allows booking on my website included. I am not sure why I am paying extra for services through both Solidres and MyAllocator and would like to test so that I can determine if it fits my needs and is worth the extra money. From your demo template sites it looks very streamlined but it may not be worth the extra money to us. We only have 7 rooms. One additional question, if I buy Bundle can I downgrade later to Single. It appears that Bundle basically is templates etc. that I would only want to purchase 1 time.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by imsleepy.

More
6 years 6 months ago #10439 by solidres
Hi,

We do not offer demo for channel manager feature at this moment.

It is also not possible to downgrade subscription level because our product is 100% open source.

Regards,

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #10441 by imsleepy
Replied by imsleepy on topic Pre sales question

I realize the main part of Solidres is open source which is why it is offered free, but if a subscription is required for additional features that would not be open source. Maybe I wasn't clear. If I buy a $129 Bundle 6 month subscription, at the end of the 6 months can I then change to the $89 Single 6 month subscription. Or are you saying that after the first 6 months the products, such as channel manger, would continue to work without a subscription? When looking at what is added to the Bundle subscription I don't see why I would need to continue to pay the extra $40 for items that I would not use a second time since we only have 1 website.

Thank you
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by imsleepy.

More
6 years 6 months ago #10442 by solidres
Hi,

If you subscribed for BUNDLE subscription, and after it expired you subscribed another SINGLE subscription, it is totally fine.

Downgrading that we mentioned means that you can not change your current subscription level to a lower subscription level while it is still active. In the other hand, upgrading is always possible.

About channel manager, after your subscription expired, the channel manager connection will be halted.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards.

Moderators: solidres