Channel manager sync partial room inventory

More
6 years 11 months ago #9570 by AleSosa
Replied by AleSosa on topic Channel manager sync partial room inventory
Hi!

I have one more question.

Assume the following scenario:

I have a Hotel with 4 Types of Rooms (Double Standard, Double Superior, Triple Standard, Triple Superior) and for each one I have 4 rooms. That is, I have 16 rooms in total.

Suppose I want to market through MyAllocator only 2 rooms of each Room Type, that is, in total 8 rooms.

What about the synchronization between Solidres and MyAllocator? I mean, in Solidres I have loaded double the rooms that in my Plan in MyAllocator, then, how many rooms "sends" Solidres to MyAllocator?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #9574 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Channel manager sync partial room inventory
Hi,

Solidres sends your full rooms, not 'partial rooms' as you described in your scenario.

Regards,

More
6 years 11 months ago #9575 by AleSosa
Ok, so what would happen in that scenario?

Solidres would send double the rooms that I have contracted in MyAllocator, what would happen to the synchronization? Would you lose data? MyAllocator would charge me for the total of the rooms that have loaded in Solidres? What would be the alternative to this? It occurs to me that I could duplicate the rooms and only synchronize with MyAllocator the ones I want to sell through the OTAs, but it would not be a good solution because it would generate twice as much work as having duplicate rooms and every change I make in a room would have to Replicate it in the other, in addition, duplicate rooms would also be displayed in the FrontEnd which would generate more work, because if a user reserved through Solidres a room that I have synchronized with MyAllocator, I would have to enter the generated reservation and do all the Process to pass it to a room that does not synchronize with the Channel.

If today there is no concrete solution to this problem, what solution do you imagine you could have? And, if so, would you be willing to make the necessary changes to improve this process? Keep in mind that hotels are looking for tools that simplify tasks (it is part of the origin of the channel managers), and the way in which the synchronization between Solidres and MyAllocator is handled, there are tasks that are not solved in a simple way .

This question is for a particular case that I have, but it is essentially with the intention of providing an improvement to Solidres.

Regards

More
6 years 11 months ago #9580 by solidres
Hi,

We are not 100% sure how they'd handle such cases, please contact MyAllocator and CC us so that we can discuss this issue further to find a better solution for it.

Regards,

More
6 years 11 months ago #9587 by AleSosa
Hi!

I contacted MyAllocator before you responded to this ticket, and they just only limited to answering about the billing, ie: if I contract on an annual basis the service for 8 rooms and on the go I decide to sell 10 rooms instead of 8 , MyAllocator would re-generate the annual bill with the 10 rooms, and I should pay the difference. In contrast, if 8 rooms would like to move to 6, MyAllocator would not do the billing for fewer rooms, because the hiring and payment I did was on an annual basis. MyAllocator's answer does not include the problem of the synchronization between Solidres and them, and partly I understand it because the area that served my question is the Sales area.

I do not know how you handle the synchronization of rooms with MyAllocator, therefore, I will refer to an ideal situation: each Room Type should have the option to synchronize or not with MyAllocator and, at the same time, allow to indicate on each Type of Room the number of rooms to synchronize. In this way, it is the responsibility of the hotel if the number of rooms that it synchronizes with MyAllocator corresponds with the plan contracted with them. However, without this option, the problem would be on the Solidres side because of a limitation in how you handle room synchronization.

I believe that situation can generate potential problems and limit the use of Solidres because to avoid those potential problems, users should replicate and repeat a lot of work, which undermines the sense of a system that provides a solution.

I hope you can consider it and find the best solution.

Regards!

More
6 years 11 months ago #9589 by solidres
Hi,

At this moment Solidres sync your whole room inventory, there is no option to sync partial inventory.

We will take note this and consider it for upcoming releases.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres