Massive change of tariff through the Discounts plugin

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #9601 by AleSosa
Hi!

English translation by Google Translate

The charge and management of tariff in Solidres in some cases becomes repetitive, becoming a situation of little practicality for those hotels that by means of strategies of revenue, modify the tariffs daily or periodically, according to demand, competition, seasonality, etc.

Ideally, it would be good for Solidres to change the order of hierarchy and put the management of the tariffs outside of the management of the rooms, that is, there would be a Tariffs section from where all tariffs are created and administered, and through it, allocate tariffs to the rooms and not the other way around, as it happens today. I have seen other Reservation Engineers and Channel Managers that operate in this way and find it much more practical, especially for the one that makes decisions and administers the tariffs, because it has everything in one place, allowing actions to be implemented that impact on all tariffs, saving even more time and much more.

An alternative to a eventual new Revenue Management plugin, for those who make revenue management in their hotel and periodically modify the tariffs is to use the discounts plugin to raise or lower the values. Although it needs a correction by Solidres to be able to use it efficiently.

The discount type "On the duration of the stay" allows to apply a discount depending on the nights that are reserved. If for reasons of demand, seasonality or whatever it is necessary to lower tariffs by 10%, I can set an open range, for example from 1 to 30, for the condition that defines the number of nights needed to apply the discount. When doing so, it would automatically lower a 10% tariffs in all those rooms that indicate that the discount applies (as could happen in an eventual Tariffs section).
What happens if I want to raise the tariffs? In principle it works in the same way, with the difference that the value that I am going to discount I have to enter in negative, for example: -10

When doing so, all room tariffs selected increase by 10%. But, in fact, it seems they did. In the FrontEnd, showing the availability results for a search made, shows the tariff with the 10% increase, but in the decomposition of the tariff, that is, the detail (Night1: USD50, Night2: USD50, etc.) shows the original tariff. And when you pay, where the summary of the reservation is, it does not include the 10% increase, and shows the original tariff. See attached file.

That is, the Discount plugin is very close to allowing massive tariff changes, which would be a breakthrough. In this particular case, since it is an ad-hoc solution, in order to use the Discount plug-in for massive tariff modifications, it would be necessary to expand the possibility of modifying the tariff, allowing, in addition to discounting, to increase the value of the tariff.

Hope it serves and interest you.

Regards!
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by AleSosa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thellie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #10267 by Thellie
Another option, thinking off the top of my head.... and outside of Solidres updates... would be to create a Fabrik form to pull the sr_tariff_details and sr_tariffs tables and amend in the front end - you would have a lot of flexibility, to amend tariffs, create new ones assign to rooms, etc...

The question would be does that have any impact on other tables? When I have time (in my next life probably) I'll try it out on a demo site.

More
6 years 6 months ago #10268 by Thellie
Whatever happens, revenue management outside of the room does seem to make sense.
Are there any downsides, and/or obstacles to doing this in the next major release?

Moderators: solidres