villas rental

More
9 years 2 months ago #5293 by aries_max
Replied by aries_max on topic villas rental
I'm pretty sure solidres can do the job with minimal tweaking, cf above post. It depends on your ability to work on the source code and do the changes you need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #5296 by JDTravel
Replied by JDTravel on topic villas rental
Hi Meraldo,
It's a great pity that ther isn't a villa/apartment module available. Maybe adding it to the feature requests/suggestions forum may start some interest.
John

More
9 years 2 months ago #5297 by JDTravel
Replied by JDTravel on topic villas rental
Hi aries_max,
Villas would need to be handled very differently from hotels rooms. They can be thought of as miniature hotels that only one group of people can book at any one time. There are also other differences such as there is usually a minimum booking period such of around 4 days. Also occupancy can be more complicated when there are multiple combinations of adults, children age 2-17 and infants under 2 years of age.
I'm not an expert coder so, it's not something I could develop myself :(

More
9 years 2 months ago #5300 by aries_max
Replied by aries_max on topic villas rental
@JDTravel,vietvh's earlier post addressed most of your concerns.

More
9 years 2 months ago #5302 by meraldo
Replied by meraldo on topic villas rental
Hi John,
I discussed that in depth and extensively with you guys via email.
It is up to you to listen to peoples' wants and necessities. I quote Viet "If you don't know how to customize by yourself, you should hire a professinal programmer to do it for you."
It would be too complex and costly to modify the component and adapt it to villa rental since it is aomplete different approach.

More
9 years 2 months ago #5304 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic villas rental
Hi all,

It's nice to participate in this nice discussion.

I've checked the feature request topic of this wanted feature and so far (5 months +) we've had 02 replies from @meraldo and @JDTravel, that's not enough for us to implement such a large feature like villa/accommodation feature:

www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...artments-reservation

Our vision for Solidres (from the beginning till now) is "a hotel booking extension", we don't hide that, we make that very clear in our website and in JED as you can see. With that vision, all of our development is very focused to hotel booking. All feature requests which receive a good number of user requests (via forum, via email, support ticket) as well as related to hotel booking will get higher priority.

Our philosophy is similar to the one of Unix: "Write programs that do one thing and do it well.". Unless we receive enough requests from our users for villa/accommodation booking, we will always keep focus on hotel booking. We hope you understand.

As a reminder, if other users have the same need for villa/accommodation booking, please reply in the topic that meraldo created:

www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...artments-reservation

Regards,

Moderators: solidres