pricing for channel manager connection

More
8 years 4 months ago #6780 by sjp
Hello support,

I read on the website that solidres will launch extra subscription for the channel manager connection. Why is this not included in the normal subscription? I remember your company increased the pricing of the subscription levels just in September. It would be better if channel management connection is included in the normal subscription. A lot of PMS systems and booking engines don't charge for this connection, because properties will already pay a subscription fee for My Allocator channel manager.

And what about booking portals like mine that use Solidres and want to offer this channel manager connection to properties listing on their platform? How does that work? It would be strange if properties need to pay a subscription fee for channel management connection. OTA's (booking portals) normally don't charge for channel management connection.

Best regards,
Sandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #6785 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic pricing for channel manager connection
Hi,

Nice week to you.

We understand your concern and I hope that I could clarify it here.

The new channel manager needs new subscription level because the current subscription levels are for fixed periods (6 months and 24 months) while the new channel manager is monthly based. In addition, the current subscription levels only limit the number of supported domain (01 domain for SINGLE, BUNDLE, HUB, DEVELOPER) but it does not limit the number of usage domains (unlimited for all levels) therefore it does not work well with channel manager, for example a SINGLE subscriber want to use channel manager for more than 01 domains.

Could you provide us some names so that we can check their pricing? We are always committed to provide the most competitive pricing, we believe that our price / features ratio is the best on the market at this moment.

It is in our plan, but our highest priority at this moment is to test against site that has single asset first, then we will extend the test further to support Hub based site, we need to take one step at a time to make sure that we can cover all possible scenarios during the beta testing.

Regards,

More
8 years 4 months ago #6815 by sjp
Replied by sjp on topic pricing for channel manager connection
Hello Vietvh,

Thanks for the info. Here are some names of PMS systems and booking engines that don't charge a separate fee for connection between their system to the My Allocator channel management system. I have used these systems myself. They only charge a monthly or yearly fee for using their own pms system or booking engine.

PMS systems & booking engine: Reservation Key, BnBmanager
PMS system: Loventis, Bananadesk
Booking engine: MaxBooking

You can also look on the My Allocator PMS-Integration page for a link to their website. There are more pms vendors on there, and probably there are more that don't ask a separate fee for connection to an external channel manager. You can also contact MyAllocator directly about this.

There are other pms systems like Beds 24, ColibriPMS, and Freetobook, that have developed their own in-house channel management system and they all charge differently for channel management connection. I wonder if Cloubeds themselved charges for a connection between their pms system / booking engine and the My Allocator channel manager.

Hope this is enough info and helpful.

Best regards,
Sandra

More
8 years 4 months ago #6902 by vietvh
Hi,

Nice week to you.

First, thank you for your information.

In previous reply I gave details why a new subscription level is needed. For all Solidres's users, at the end the Total Cost of Ownership is what matter the most, let take Reservation Key as an example here:

1. If a user only has 1 asset:
Solidres: they'd have to pay $79 / 6 = $13 / month for the first six months, then after first 6 months, they can use Solidres forever without any charges (if they don't want to renew)

Reservation Key: they'd have to pay $20/month and note that this is a monthly fee.

2. If a user has about 100 assets:
Solidres: they'd have to pay $229 / 6 = $38 / month for the first 6 months, then after first 6 months, they can use Solidres forever without any charges (if they don't want to renew)

Reservation Key: they'd have to pay $85 / month and note that this is a monthly fee.

At this end you can do the math and know which one is better in the long term.

We always work hard to keep our price / features ratio the best on the market and this is one of the most important factor for us to consider when we plan for the new subscription level.

Regards,

More
8 years 4 months ago #6903 by sjp
Replied by sjp on topic pricing for channel manager connection
Hello Vietvh,

Thank you for this example about Reservation Key. I think you are comparing apples with oranges. Reservation Key and all the other pms services and booking engines I mentioned are cloud based services. So this means that these pms systems and booking engines and all data stored in these systems are hosted on these companies own secured servers. Solidres is a self hosted service and without a hosting account you can't use it. And we all know that a hosting account and an SSL certificate also involves money per month and maintenance. So I don't think it is accurate to compare any of these cloud based systems with Solidres in such a simplistic calculation.

It looks to me that the problem with the length of subscription levels and multiple domain usage only exist, because you want to charge customers for channel mangement connnection every month they use it, while you don't even host this channel management connection on your own servers like cloud based pms services do.

This is my honest opinion and I hope it helps you to reflect more about your future pricing structure.

Best regards,
Sandra

More
8 years 4 months ago #6904 by vietvh
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd like to correct this, the channel manager requires connecting to the brand new Solidres API server, without this API server the channel manager feature is not possible. All data will be processed through this server.

Your self-hosted Solidres <===> Solidres API server <===> MyAllocator

Then channel manager feature is not just a simple connection between your hosted Solidres and Myallocator. There is a lot of logic behind the scene that need to be processed by our own server.

Hope that clarify this situation better.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres