Channel Manager connection

More
8 years 8 months ago #6115 by Jelte
Replied by Jelte on topic Channel Manager connection
Hi,
Actually, I see more topics with exactly the same question but worded differently (XML API, connection with CRS).
Just here to chime in. The only way I can offer this software (which looks pretty good!) to my customers as an online booking solution, is when it connects to their channel manager. And almost every hotel has one these days.
As it is now, it's only usable for different markets than hotels (vacation rentals, houses, appartments), and even there the trend is toward XML couplings.
The only question is WHICH channel manager. So the answer is to make a universal XML API which channel managers can use to make couplings with solidres (I would really love a coupling with Smarthotel channel management by the way).
It has to be two way... the reservations from the site would be transported to the channel manager which shoots it into the PMS and the other way around the availability mentioned at the site would need to be a reflection of the availability within the channel manager.

I guess... since all channel managers connect to booking.com, using the API from booking.com to make an import/export template would ensure compatibility with most channel managers.

Now... this is talking about one hotel using Solidres for reservations.

There's a different option, which involves XML couplings as well. In that case the site becomes a proxy portal for booking sites through an affiliate structure,.. That's a different case though... very very attractive, since that would provide with a way to make a living from hotel portal building. However booking sites are not very keen on automated XML couplings to portals since they do want a level of trust to be build before they offer XML coupling for affilliate purposes to a webbuilder.

Whichever way you put it though... XML couplings are the way to go forward in my opinion. The way Solidres integrates within the site is so much more advanced than any possibility offered by any PMS system (which usually works through external URL's, dedicated booking servers and ugly Iframes, even the large ones like OPERA'/Fidelio) that it would be amazing to be able to use Solidres in conjunction with a channel manager. Would even consider switching channel management just to be able to do that. AND these businesses have the budget to pay well for a good solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #6116 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Channel Manager connection
Hi all,

Good news for you, we are already working on our Channel Manager feature, please stay tuned for more news.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluealmondhostel

More
8 years 8 months ago #6118 by bluealmondhostel
Replied by bluealmondhostel on topic Channel Manager connection
I'm about to hire services from cloudbeds which offers a booking button for myallocator, should I wait?
Can you confirm what channel manager you are going to connect to? I really hope is Myallocator

thanks

More
8 years 6 months ago #6365 by leokan23
Replied by leokan23 on topic Channel Manager connection
I am also interested in the channel manager especially in booking.com

More
8 years 6 months ago #6369 by fabrikastyle
Replied by fabrikastyle on topic Channel Manager connection
Hi!

Do you know the approximate date of Channel Manager release? And what are the conditions (approximate) for its use (i mean, additional cost other than the cost of subcribe)

Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluealmondhostel

More
8 years 5 months ago #6699 by bluealmondhostel
Replied by bluealmondhostel on topic Channel Manager connection
Hi, any updates on this?

Moderators: solidres