Experience Search - Result page

More
1 year 1 month ago #19732 by darja
Experience Search - Result page was created by darja
Hello,
I already post a feature request to add the country as a search option, I hope this can be done very soon as it should be easy.
However, we plan to use the search in our updated page in Joomla 4, but we are looking for a good way to control the result page. right now, the results page appears under the Slider we use on our Start page, which is not what we like to get. I would have expected the result page with the same slider we use for the Experience Search / on the same page where we start the search. Maybe I’m just too stupid to configure it. Any hint would be welcome, the search itself is good, with some more filter options it would be even better but to know how we can control the result page would be very good as well.
Any hint is welcome.
Kind regards
Olaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #19733 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Experience Search - Result page
Hi darja,
there are four pending "bugs" reported quite 2 years ago regarding the Search and Filter modules for Properties and Experiences:

1 - Property Advanced Search module 1.3.4 - [2.12.9 Bugs]: www.solidres.com/forum/report-bugs/11418...rch-1-3-4-horizontal

2 - Property Filter module 0.9.1 - [2.12.9 Bugs]: www.solidres.com/forum/report-bugs/11681...-filter-module-0-9-1

3 - Experience Search module 0.7.2 - [2.12.9 Issues]: www.solidres.com/forum/report-bugs/11407...-search-module-0-7-1
be careful about the “No Tour found Redirect page”: www.solidres.com/forum/report-bugs/11407...h-module-0-7-1#19048
-- + Load location from db feature request: www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...oad-location-from-db
-- + Your Country feature request: www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...o-the-filter-options
-- + The Map link should always show the property map of the currently searched location (point 2): www.solidres.com/forum/report-bugs/11879...y-not-open-not-shown

4 - Experience Filter module 0.5.1 - [2.12.9 Bugs]: www.solidres.com/forum/report-bugs/11433...-filter-module-0-5-1

Now, considering that:
-- Property Search & Filter modules and Experience Search & Filter modules should be organized in the same way,
-- which should be simpler, as user friendly as possible…
-- that some Filters (practically) are already included in the Search forms
-- that a real Search must contain all the options contained in the Filter.

For me the best & simplest final solution would be to merge Search and Filter features into a single module, having back one "Bar Module" for Property and one for Experience with this simple layout:

Search | Sort | Map

-- Where "Search" is Search & Filter merged together
-- Experience Map will be possible thanks to the Experience lat / lng fields: www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...inates?start=6#19263
-- Additionally, Navbars may also be deprecated because of features yet included in the Bar Module.

PS - I reported “[2.12.8 Issue] Experience - Booking confirmation page” ten months ago www.solidres.com/forum/report-bugs/11625...ng-confirmation-page where the point 3 speaks about the same question you are discussing here for the search feature...

If you are interested, Please, participate in each topic... Thank You!
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by joomleb.

More
1 year 1 month ago #19734 by darja
Replied by darja on topic Experience Search - Result page
Hello Joomleb,
thanks for your detailed list about bugs / ideas. I already see some of your threads, will go more into details soon.
I agree that a merged search could be a perfect solution, at least for customers and developers as it reduce the maintenence work a lot.
kind regards
Olaf

More
1 year 1 month ago #19735 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Experience Search - Result page
Hi Olaf,
Thank You, you are welcome and Yes, (apart from reporting bugs), all my reports aim at:

1 - allowing the user experience as easy as possible, without which our users don't use Solidres, but run away.

2 - Simplify the organization of Solidres as much as possible. Its development is very slow (fixings) and this creates many problems to us. The only way is to try to simplify the developers' work as much as possible

More
1 year 1 month ago #19736 by darja
Replied by darja on topic Experience Search - Result page
To simplify it is great but seems to be not that easy, they would have done it if it is.
About fixing Bugs performance, they usualy do a realy good job. Sometimes things went a bit slower but I think the team is not that big all over. Compared to similar companys, they do a realy great job and I can imagione it is not easy to follow any tasks always in a perfect way.
However, to get a better search module for assets and experiences would be a win win for customers and devs. Maybe it happen once the J4 move is completed.

Moderators: solidres