How To Set A Room As Booked So Not Available In Admin?

More
7 years 1 month ago #9482 by jamesjazz
Here's the scenario:

If a walk in customer comes and books a room (it could be a double, twin triple.....) how can I enter this one room type as booked in the back end so there is one less of this room type available for online booking?

It is an issue if the hotel is fully booked for double rooms but the online Solidres booking manager is still showing one or two rooms as still available.

I'm thinking there must be a way to do this but I cannot find it.

I'm running Solidres Version 0.8.3 on wordpress

Any guidance or advice would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9485 by solidres
Hi,

Nice week to you.

It is very easy, you can just change the reservation status to "Confirmed", then it will be officially occupied and become unavailable for other booking.

Regards,

More
7 years 1 month ago #9488 by jamesjazz
How to do that when someone books a room through another method, for example if someone calls the hotel and then transfers money to the hotel account then the room is no longer available, but this does not show up in the Solidres booking system because it was booked by another method.

Sometimes someone walks into the hotel and pays cash in advance for a room booking maybe one month later, this also does not show up in the system.

Maybe I have misunderstood your answer, but I cannot see how there can be a reservation status for a room that has been booked offline. What I am trying to understand is how to input a room unavailability on a single day where it has been booked by another method.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9489 by solidres
Hi,

If a booking is not recorded in Solidres system as a reservation, then you can not change the reservation's status.

However, you can update the availability for it by using Limit Booking plugin, you can block those unavailable dates with it.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres