[NOT Solved] Filter Module - bugs

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #18428 by joomleb
[NOT Solved] Filter Module - bugs was created by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 7.4.21 + Joomla 3.9.28 + Solidres 2.12.1 - testing page here

In first of all I want to say that from my point of view the new Filter Module is fantastic and it should totally replace the old Navbar.nav.navbar. (I tested the Filter Module also on all screens, desktop included, and it is running without any problem).
Anyway, something it is not running as expected:

1 - While on the Navbar nav.navbar the "Distance from city center" menu is shown, switching to the the Filter Module sortfilterbar the "Distance from city center" menu disappear.
Now, I don't use it and personally I'm not interested to show it, but I do not understand if it is a wanted feature or it is an issue...
Anyway, both should run showing / hiding the "Distance from city center" menu respecting the "Options > Hub > Show distance from city filter: Yes / No" setting, Are you agree ?

2 - On the Navbar there are the menus "Stars" and "Names" with their submenus "Ascending" / "Descending" - I add an image.
When switching to the Filter Module, clicking on "Sort", only the submenus are shown with the result that there are two "Ascending" and two "Descending", so user cannot distinguish between the "Stars" ones and the "Names" ones - I add an image.
Quick Solution: to add the fa-sort-up / fa-sort-down icons and maintain the menu name like, for example, "fa-sort-up Stars" instead of "Ascending".
Best Solution: to have only the menus (without submenus) that switching from "fa-sort-up Stars" to "fa-sort-down Stars" etc. when clicking.

3 - Right now the Filter Module > Names - Ascending is calling the distance&direction=asc - see the images

4 - Clicking on Filter Module > Filter nothing happen. I tested it also by enabling the Solidres - Module Filter, but still nothing. Please, A I missing anything ?

5 - the Filter Module li <li class="sortfilterbar-sort"> is missing

6 - When we scroll down the page, the Filter Module is moved at the bottom.
When we scroll up the page, the Filter Module is moved again at the top.
This is true on Chrome for Android (tested on Smartphone and Tablet), but the Filter Module is not moved back at the top scrolling up on Chrome and Firefox for desktop (tested by resizing the browser tab)
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by joomleb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #18441 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic [NOT Solved] Filter Module - bugs
Hi,

1. Option "Show distance from city filter" is applied in the Filter module (for filtering the result), it is different with the sorting bar "Distance from the city" to sort the results (by ascending or descending).

2. We can confirm this issue, we will change the text to avoid confusing in the next Hub release.

3. Actually, in responsive mode the sort by name is missing, we will add it in the next Hub release.

4. You must enable the Filter module and assign it to your menu item.

5. Could you elaborate more?

6. We are not sure about this issue, could you open a separated support ticket and provide us a screencast.

Regards,

More
2 years 8 months ago #18450 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic [NOT Solved] Filter Module - bugs
Hi guys,

1 - I'm not sure I understood, Please, Can you elaborate a little bit more ?

2 - 3 - Thanks

4 - The Filter Module is enabled and assigned to the same Properties List menu item.
Nothing is shown and nothing happen on click on Filter Module > "Filter"
Please, What am I missing ?

5 - I attach an image for you

6 - Opened the Ticket ID ZpJ43HgvVY2
Attachments:

More
2 years 8 months ago #18458 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic [NOT Solved] Filter Module - bugs
Hi,

In the hub search page, you can find:

+ Sort by "Distance from the city": as it says, it sorts the results (changing the ordering of the results)
+ Filter by "Distance from the city": unlike sorting, it filters the results (show/hide properties that do not match)

For other issues please raise new support ticket.

Regards,

More
2 years 8 months ago #18461 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic [NOT Solved] Filter Module - bugs
Hi guys,
re tested and done:

1 to 5 - Ticket ID w3cHkdpJNFz

6 - Ticket ID ZpJ43HgvVY2

Moderators: solidres