Rental per week and Occupancy check,

More
9 years 10 months ago #4282 by JohnB
Dear Viet Vu,

Did contact you before, but as I am experimenting with the free 0.6.2 version of Solidres and read through most documentation and still have 4major things I cannot figure out exactly. As I can imagine you would like to keep your forum structured I ask related questions here and two other related in another post:

Weekly reservations:
I would like to use the system (HUB) for a reservation system something like a bungalow park with ONLY fixes "packages/holidays" with certain checkin and checkout dates. Booking will be mostly from Saturday to Saturday, but some periods a bit longer/shorter, but . . . never overlap. Basically the owners give me their rental periods at the beginning of the season and of course different bookings should follow that data format. Could this be achieved in a reasonable way? I understand that min and max night is definable within a data range, but . . . could not understand if I can define the checkin date (without creating 52 ranges in complex tariff for a year of course)

Occupancy:
When create a setup for multiple properties with multiple tariffs (as mentioned before) it starts to become very important to manage the occupancies well. A few booking that have to be cancelled because of incorrect info would make the site failing. I do understand that there is a block rooms plugin, but would like to know if there is an easy way of fast seeing the available/ booked rooms so it can be updated with the reservation info from the individual property owners. Going into every week would make it hard for 30 properties and 52 weeks on a regular basis. Your thoughts . . . highly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #4296 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Rental per week and Occupancy check,
Hi,
Thank you again for that.

This is what Solidres 0.7.0 and Complex Tariff 0.3.0 is for (both is in Beta phrase at this moment). With them, you can have Package tariff type, more info can be found here and other recent posts in our blog:

www.solidres.com/blog/2014/03/18/solidres-0-7-0-status-update/

Like a dashboard showing all reservations from a date range (monthly, last 3 months, etc)?

Cheers,

More
9 years 10 months ago #4310 by JohnB
Replied by JohnB on topic Rental per week and Occupancy check,
Great, will take a look at 0.7.0 when ready and subscribe probably a bit later when I am ready. Still your extension seems to let the others far behind, very nice job and organized and clear coding as far as I can judge!)

For Occupancy I mean the following:
If you use HUB, it is clear you are creating a booking portal. The properties you manage will probably not limit their booking to my site only and as such it is important to update room reservations for a property in a clear and easy way.

So I think that for the owner (user) it should be possible to see all future rooms (reserved ones and free ones) for the future and have an option to change these numbers on the spot (eg room sold outside my site). The same thing would be great in the backend for the Superadministrator to be able to do.

Hope you understand my explanation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #4317 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Rental per week and Occupancy check,
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion, we will consider it for our future releases.

Cheers,

Moderators: solidres