Can SolidRes do this?

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #10364 by trogladyte
Can SolidRes do this? was created by trogladyte
If so, how?

Background: This is my second single home reservation site. I chose JomRes for the first and it seemed to work well. However, this second one has been a nightmare, partly as the 2nd house has a far more complicated tariff system. So, before I buy another "it just can't do it" extension, I need confirmation that SolidRes can handle it.

Accomodation: Single house with 4 bedrooms + den (which has a fold out bed) - VRBO ad can be seen here which will explain a lot - www.vrbo.com/207990

Tariff structure: Base nightly rate + extra per person >2. Generally, $350 per hight for 2 people; $25 extra per person per night (adult or child). I believe I saw how this can easily be done in the documentation. However, a couple of twists. GENERALLY the tariff per night is $350, however, it can be from $325 to $450 depending on the time of year or season. So I need to be able to allocate lower or higher pricing to certain days. Again, I believe I saw that in the documentation to be able to do that.

The final twist in tariffs is a discount off the base price if 7+ days are booked. Say the rate is $350, and there is one extra person. The calculation is ((350 x 7)+(25x1x7)-350)=2275. Hopefully, I've explained that so it's easy to understand. As jomRes reduced everything to daily rates, that meant inputting over 800 tariffs to cover 30 days worth of bookings for 2-8 guests - not what I was prepared to do.

Then we have a room tax (flat rate), a one off $50 spa cleaning (regardless of length of stay or number of people) and a cleaning fee. This is based (currently) on the number of beds used which makes it a little more difficult I think. Going to try to talk clients into setting it as a per person rate. So that would, then, be a per person per stay flat charge.

Lastly, SolidRes forces us to go down to per room. In every situation, the whole house is available, but costing is based on the number of people (max 8). I would really prefer that all mentions of "/room" are hidden as the rental is not per room (although, currently, their cleaning fee is in a manner of speaking). In essence I want to treat the house house as "one room" for the purposes of bookings/tariffs.

Thank you in advance to you SolidRes gurus! :lol:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by trogladyte.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #10368 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Can SolidRes do this?
Hi,
This can be done by creating a single complex tariff, type = Rate per person per stay, mode = Day.

Extra person is handled via our Extras item system.
This can be configured by adding 01 discount in Solidres system (screenshot attached).

This can be configured as Extras item, our Extras item support 07 different charge types, as you already know, it does not support charge type "Per bed", so if you could use Per room per person then it'd be perfect.

It is easy to change them in Solidres language files.

Cheers,
Attachments:

More
6 years 7 months ago #10374 by trogladyte
Replied by trogladyte on topic Can SolidRes do this?
Great reply - thank you.

The only thing I'd like to clarify is the 1 base rate discount >7 days. As the base rate is not always $350, but changes with the season and high and low times, how would I make that discount? Is it possible to insert a shortcode into that field to pick up whatever base rate is active?

More
6 years 7 months ago #10375 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Can SolidRes do this?
Hi,

As you can see from the screenshot, you can make multiple discounts for different periods to match your base rate.

Cheers,

Moderators: solidres