How to configure front-end customer dashboard
Since User plugin version 0.1.0, a new feature "Front end customer dashboard" is added. This feature creates a separated page on the front end for your guests to manage their reservations.
To configure this feature, you need to go through these steps:
1. Make sure that plugin User v0.1.0+ is installed and enabled.
2. Create Customer Dashboard page:
- Find the Pages menu in the WordPress Dashboard Navigation menu. Click Add new.
- Add the title of the page, the title of the page will also be the name of the menu display at the front end.
- You need to add more the following code in the content area:
- Click Publish
- Then, go to Systems menu → Settings → Pages tab, select “Customer Dashboard” page for the field “Customer Dashboard”.
3. Go to WordPress Dashboard → Appearance → Menus, create a new menu with page "Customer Dashboard" ( insert “Customer dashboard” page into your WordPress menu). Your guest will access their customer dashboard via this menu.
4. It's all set. Now if your guests register an account at your site during reservation, they will be able to manage their reservation, their profile and cancel a reservation from their own dashboard.