More control over the Complex tariff of the Hub version

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #10998 by abosaleh
In Solidres; there is a plenty of power and control over the tariff issue. It offers "Adjoining tariffs mode" and "Overlapping tariffs mode".
While most of the requirements can be handled using these two excellent features, one finds some situations where none of them will really help.
Example:
Tariff A: Jan 1, 2018 to Dec. 31, 2018 : $ 100 for weekdays.
Tariff B: Nov. 24, 2018 to Nov. 30, 2018: $ 50 for any day of the week.
Tariff C: Aug. 1, 2018 to Aug. 20, 2018: $ 300 for any day of the week.

Since partner has no control over the tariff overlapping and Adjoining modes; we have to check for the expected result:
If Show all was selected: then A, B and C will show simultaneously (bad)
If Show lowest was selected: then B will supersede A (good), But A will supersede C (bad)
If Show Highest was selected: then A will supersede B (bad), But C will supersede A (good)

In my opinion; to provide the best flexibility over the issue, there should be a possibility to select which Tariff plan supersedes?
This can be done by allowing selection from within Complex Tariff framework (see figure).
Hence, if partner did not select any thing (==> normal rules will apply)
If partner selected one tariff-as-superseding (usually shorter period): ==> ignoring normal Tariff rules and applying this currently selected rule).
In short, provide "Front End" partner a more power over the tariff rules of the system.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by abosaleh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #11004 by solidres
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion, we will leave this open to evaluate it carefully and to gather more feedback from other users.

Regards,

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #11026 by abosaleh
Well, thanks for your reply
Let me make it possibly easier:
What about a selection that runs over All Room Types (all tariffs) or Asset-wise (all Tariffs) that supersedes all the predefined Tariffs and thus adds, say, 30% increase or decrease for a specific period of time (a conference for instance).
I think this way is easier for Partners to have several parallel tariffs of the same Room Type, Same conditions, but only occasions are different.
Hence, When event x takes place, just add 30%.
I even prefer a website wide rules for participating partners, so that the website
admin increases 30% for all participating assets upon event x. 50% for other group of participants, and so on.

Nice weekend;
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by abosaleh.

Moderators: solidres