Arrival/Departure date field usability

• sorensen
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #6779 by sorensen
Arrival/Departure date field usability was created by sorensen
I am not completely certain where to place this, but I found some surprising behaviour from the Date entry on the Check Availability module:

- it is confusing that when you click the calendar icon nothing happens, but when you try to place a cursor in the date field a calendar pops up. I would expect the calendar to up up at the first case, and to be allowed to write at the second.

- the date format changes from DD-MM-YYYY when you select dates to YYYY-MM-DD after search.

- if you try to change the departure date for a second search, you get the option of choosing a date before the arrival date.

Small things, but detracts from the good impression and should be simple to fix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #6783 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Arrival/Departure date field usability
Hi,

Nice week to you.

What template are you using and does it have template override for Check Availability module? If you can provide us your website address, we can support you easier.

Some templates add their own template overrides for Check Availability which modify the original behavior of our module. If your template has template overrides, you can disable them and test again.

Regards,

• sorensen
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #6790 by sorensen
Replied by sorensen on topic Arrival/Departure date field usability
Hi,

Same to you - you seem always to be at your computer :-)

The website (our dev/test) is www.algarveoutdoors.com. The template used is based on IceTheme's IT_The_Lodge_3.

Where do I find template overrides/disable them? I had a look at Extensions -> Templates, but did not find anything looking relevant.

Best, Martin

More
8 years 4 months ago #6795 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Arrival/Departure date field usability
Hi,

You can rename this folder:

/templates/it_thelodge3/html/mod_sr_checkavailability

Please try and let us know how it work for you.

Regards,

• sorensen
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #6799 by sorensen
I did not like it much.

The calendar icon disappeared, but the fields stretch over half the screen when the calendars expand, and the nice formatting disappeared altogether.

I think I have to look at the file itself.

• sorensen
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #6800 by sorensen
I had a look at the /templates/it_thelodge3/html/mod_sr_checkavailability/default.php file, and I do not see anywhere with the date format YYYY-MM-DD. Any idea where it may come from? It is loaded after the search.

To me it looks like the logic in showing possible departure dates is also lost after the search - before the choice is restricted to Arrival + minimum stay.

Moderators: solidres