Solidres 0.5.0 released
After worked very hard in the last 3 months, we are happy to release Solidres 0.5.0, it marks an important milestone for our young project. It is the first stable version which contains many new features and bug fixes from 0.4.2.
New features in 0.5.0
- One page reservation form: let your guests book their favorite rooms without leaving the current page
- Email sending: now you can specify the email format (text vs html) for outgoing email, we also include more information in the outgoing email like reservation’s info and payment method’s details.
- Add bank wire payment method, the bank information is configured per reservation asset and will be sent to your guest via email so that they can make payment.
- Room occupation: in previous version, when your guest book a room, it will be occupied automatically regardless of the reservation’s status. From 0.5.0, only ‘confirmed’ reservation status is able to occupy a room. You can change the reservation status in the Solidres’s back end.
- New options to specify maximum/minimum number of day a booking must be made in advance. Default is no limit.
- New option to specify minimum number of nights that is allowed to book.
- New option to hide the reservation asset info which is useful when using with some certain templates.
- Extra items can be configured as mandatory and charged per booking or per room.
- New Statistics plugin.
- New Paypal Standard plugin.
- New Camera slideshow plugin.
- New Complex Tariff plugin which allows you to specify tariff per person per night (as well as tariff based on children’s ages).
Bugs fixes and improvements
- Localization is improved for date picker and form validation.
- Display country name in reservation edit screen.
- Module check availability now show default date for faster booking.
- Fix PHP notice of Availability Calendar.
- Add check to make sure at least one room type is selected before proceed with the reservation.
- Fix broken map.
- Translated missing strings in various places.
- Fix PHP strict standard issue related to room selection.
- Fix room type’s custom fields do not work when no check-in and check-out date entered.
- Add sub menus for Solidres component in Joomla backend.
- Always show tariff break down.
- Make country field mandatory in reservation asset form
Useful links for you
- Download: http://www.solidres.com/download
- Online demo (frontend only): http://www.solidres.com/demo
- Forum for discussion, bug report or questions: http://www.solidres.com/forum
- Documentation: http://www.solidres.com/documentation
- Backup your website (files + database)
- To upgrade from 0.4.2, just download 0.5.0 and install it via Joomla Extension Installer, it will automatically overwrite previous version.
- Your current room types’s tariffs will be cleared, you will need to re-enter your tariff.
In addition, our old forum has been retired and is now in read-only mode, please use the new forum instead (you will need to re-register an account at the new forum, we are sorry for any inconvenience).
Trackback from your site.