Speedy Translate 1.9.0 (Beta) is now available
First of all, on the behalf of Solidres Team, we hope that all Solidres users and your families are still safe during this Covid outbreak. We are suffering too and we hope this situation will be improved as soon as possible, all together.
Speedy Translate 1.9.0 (Beta) is now available, this release marks a very important milestone for this product with the following big features and improvements, please read more info below, but please bear in mind that this is just a first BETA release, it is not yet ready, bugs are expected, you should only use it for previewing/testing purposes.
The new SPEEDY translation engine
In the past, Speedy Translate relies on either Joomla Multilingual Association or Falang to provide the multilingual capacity, but since v1.9.0 we now have our own SPEEDY translation engine which is developed from scratch with many improvements:
- Multiple DBMS supports: MySQL (both MySQLi and MySQL PDO), PostgresSQL.
- Composite keys support: now it is possible to translate Joomla Custom Fields values (Falang can not do that).
- 3rd Joomla extensions support: at this moment we support Joomla core components, Solidres, Hikashop, J2Store, JEvents, Creative Contact Form, K2
- Dedicated translations view so that you can check all translations in a single place.
Falang data migration tool
- This tool makes it easier to migrate your Falang translations to Speedy Translate if you want to use the new SPEEDY translation engine.
Google Translate integration
- Google Translate is now supported as an automatic translation service provider in addition to the current Yandex Translate option.
Testing and feedback are very welcome at this stage, please let us know what do you think via our support ticket system or forum.
Stay safe, stay well!