We’ve reached a new important milestone for our project: Solidres v1.0.0 for Joomla is now officially available for download with many exciting new features and a brand new template, let go through each of them below:
- Better support for apartment/villas booking: most of the time in apartment and villas booking, guest don’t need to choose the quantity because it is always 1, now you can configure to replace the quantity drop down with a single button for easier booking. Also there is a new option to completely hide the room form in front end if you don’t want it, without the room form, guest will be redirected to reservation step 2 immediately. Faster booking, happier guest.
- Each asset now has its own check availability form, it can be helpful when you don’t want to use Check Availability module or you want to hide the front end tariffs
- Front end asset social networks now uses font icons instead of images
- Add new search tools for all list view
- New backend navigation bar with collapsible ability and better responsive
- Add option to mark room type’s guest name as an optional field
- Add option to show/hide Facilities / Policies sections in front end.
- Add file verification feature to detect changed/removed/new Solidres files.
- Add ability to override pricing when amend/create reservations
- Add ability to record customer’s IP when they make reservation.
- Add Font Awesome library
- Show message when min/max people constraint in complex tariff are not satisfied
- Fix single supplement with standard tariff
- Fix trashed reservation displayed in My Reservation list
- Auto convert double quote in asset’s name to single quotes
- Fix currency exchange issue
- Fix issue that asset’s partner can not be removed
- Fix PHP Fatal when amending reservation in some rare cases
- Fix various PHP notices messages
- Remove the language field in room type Publishing tab because it is not used.
- Fix max day/night constraint in date picker in some cases
- Remove all words “Manage” or “List” in menu’s text
- Upgrade latest version for some 3rd libraries bundled with Solidres
- Add/refine various internal notices in backend and front end for clearer meaning.
- Turn off multilingual mode by default (for new installations)
- Make map display in bigger modal windows for easier navigation.
- Show date picker in popup instead of inline
New template and plugins/modules:
- Emerald: our latest (and the 7th) Joomla template is now join our Joomla template family. It is a full responsive and modern-style template with built-in 5 colors. The quickstart packages is bundled with the latest version of Solidres (+ plugins) and Joomla 3.5.1. It also the first template that uses our new Vegas slideshow module to provide a full screen slideshow.
- Custom Field plugin: many Solidres users request to have a feature where they can add/remove the current form fields, especially in reservation step 2. With this new plugin, you will have a dedicated UI to do that without having to make a template override like before.
- SMS plugin: hotel’s owner can configure to receive SMS whenever a new reservation is made with this new plugin.
- ACL plugin: as an administrator or hotel owner, you want to restrict your hotel’s staffs to specific features in the backend, for example you only want to allow your receptionist to access the backend reservation menu only and you don’t want them to access other sections like assets/room types? This plugin is what you need for these kind of tasks.
- Vegas Slideshow module
Complex Tariff plugin v0.6.0:
- Support entering tariff daily
- Add validation rule and default values for min/max length of stay
- Improve ajax loading indicators
Feedback plugin v0.4.0:
- Replace the bundle Font Awesome with the new Solidres’s Font Awesome
- Add new search tools for all list views
Hub plugin v0.6.0:
- Add live unread reservation count in front end dashboard
- Add sharing feature
- Add favorite feature
- Add new search tools for all list views
- Add support for custom field and single supplement in front end dashboard
- Replace the bundled Font Awesome with Solidres’s Font Awesome
- Fix modal window broken after change Grid/List views
- Show max occupancy in front end if applicable
- Remove dependency with Limit Booking plugin
Advanced Search module v0.5.0:
- Add support for Bootstrap 3 when TypeAhead library is not included
- Allow multiple instances in the same page
Assets module v0.3.0:
- Add display type options: grid & list
Location Map module v0.3.0:
- Improve responsive for map placeholder
My Recent Searches module v0.2.0:
- Fix PHP notices
- Add module class suffix support
Invoice plugin v0.4.0:
- Fix Google Plus link in outgoing emails
- Add dejavusans and freeserif fonts to support more languages
Limit Booking plugin v0.4.0:
- Add default values for valid from/to fields
Load Module plugin v0.2.0:
- Fix issue when this plugin stop processing if asset has no description
Camera Slideshow module v0.2.0:
- Fix issue with RTL languages
Camera Slideshow plugin v0.2.0:
- Fix issue with RTL language
- Fix issue with map modal window
Paypal plugin v0.5.0:
- Fix reservation payment status is not updated after successful payment in some rare cases
Statistics plugin v0.5.0:
- Fix issue that can not choose 1 date for limit booking
User plugin v1.0.0:
- Automatically detect guest’s country
- My reservation page: show map in modal window.
- New page to display customer’s wish list
- Fix redirection issue when cancelling a reservation
- Fix redirection issue when clicking on close button
- Correct prices in my reservation view
Last but not least, we are developing a brand new plugin for Tour booking, please stay tuned!
Useful links for you
- Download: http://www.solidres.com/download
- Online demo (frontend only): http://www.solidres.com/demo
- Forum for discussion, bug report or questions: http://www.solidres.com/forum
- Documentation: http://www.solidres.com/documentation
- Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.solidres.com/support/frequently-asked-questions
- Check our documentation for more details about upgrade notes