Rate plan configuration for Solidres
There are two rate plan configuration modes:
- Standard Mode: available out of the box for Solidres FREE version, this mode allows setting price for each weekday (Monday to Sunday).
- Advanced Mode: available for Solidres paid subscribers (requires plugin Complex Tariff), it allows setting more complicated pricing structure for different date ranges, different customer groups, different length of stay, different number of booked people. It has 05 main types (see below):
- Rate per room per stay: this type allows setting prices for each weekday (from Monday to Sunday). These prices will be applied per room when guest make a booking in the front end.
- Rate per person per stay: this type allows setting prices for each weekday (from Monday to Sunday) as well as for each person. Let's say your room type "Double Room" can be used by 2 adults and 1 child, then with this type, you can set the prices for each weekday for the first adult, the second adult, and the child.
- Package per room: it is a special type when you can only set 1 single price for a room in a specific date range. Different package tariff types can be not joined together.
- Package per person: it is a special type when you can only set 1 single price for each person in your room in a specific date range. Different package tariff types can be not joined together.
- Rate per room type per stay (New): it allows you to charge a different amount when guests want to book the whole room type (or apartment), not separated rooms. This rate plan type is often used when the owner want to offer a discount for guest to book the whole unit (apartment) instead of booking seprated rooms.
You can choose a mode that suits your business model.
1. Standard Mode:
By default, Solidres uses Standard Mode, this is the simple and easy way to set your room price. It allows you to set a fixed price for the rooms that applies to all customer groups and weekday.
First, to configure the price for the room (configure tariff), go to Properties → List of room types, select the room you want to configure rate plan, in the Rate plan tab, you can see the “Standard Mode” field.
It allows you to set prices for all days of the week. Prices in Standard mode will apply to all customer groups and has no date constraint.
- Customer group: all
- Weekdays: days of the week
- Period of validity: infinite
And here are the results displayed in the front end when the customer makes reservation.
2. Advanced Mode:
To use Advanced Mode, you must install the following plugin: Complex Tariff. Downloading this plugin requires an active subscription, you can subscribe here: https://www.solidres.com/subscribe/levels. Then install & enable it.
After you have installed and enabled Complex Tariff plugin, select the room type you want to configure rate plan and go to tab Rate Plan.
The common set of fields for a rate plan is as below:
- Title: the title of this rate plan, it should be a short string that describes your rate plan.
- Description: more detailed description of your rate plan
- Customer group: select Public for all customers (logged or non-logged in) or select specific customer groups. You can create as many customer groups as you want.
- Type: Choose one of the existing types that suits your pricing structure.
- Mode: the mode configures how the prices are entered. It is only applicable for "Rate per room per stay", "Rate per person per stay" and "Rate per room type per stay". There are 4 options:
+ 7-day week: you can enter prices for 7 days of the week (Monday to Sunday). Then it will be applied for the whole rate plan period.
+ Daily: you can enter price for each date within your rate plan period.
+ Weekly: each month is divided into 4 date ranges by default, please make sure that you fill these 4 date ranges (non-overlapping) to make sure the price is calculated correctly. If guest is allowed to book less than a week, then the price will be divided by 7 and then multiplied with the lenght of stay.
+ Monthly: you can enter a single price for each month with this mode. It is often used by owner that offers renting monthly only.
- Min night/day: the minimum number of night/day that this rate plan requires. Must be a number. If your property's booking type is "Per day", then you this value should be >= 1.
- Max night/day: the maximum number of night/day that this rate plan requires. Must be a number.
- Min people (Optional): the minimum number of people that this rate plan requires.
- Max people (Optional): the maximum number of people that this rate plan requires.
- Valid from: the beginning date that this rate plan is valid to be used
- Valid to: the ending date that this rate plan is valid to be used
- Status (since v0.4.0): enabled or disabled
- Limit check in to (since v0.3.0): choose which days of the week that a guest can check in.
- Interval (since v1.9.3): allow you to configure a fixed interval that your guest have to select: for example if your Min Night = 7, Max Night = 21 and Interval = 7, then in the front end, your guest is only able to choose 7 nights, 14 nights or 21 nights.
Details for each rate plan type can be found below:
Rate per room per stay: Prices are set for different days of the week. The cost is for the whole room and does not depend on the number of booked people.
Rate per person per stay: Prices are set for each adult and child (if available) for different days of the week. Total room cost is the combined prices of each booked adult and children.
The number of adults and children in the rate plan configuration depend on the setting "Room occupancy" in the General tab. For example, if you configured, the occupancy of your room type "Double room" as 2 adults plus 1 child. Then you will be able to enter the prices for 2 adults and 1 child in rate plan configuration. Note that if your room type's occupancy is changed, you need to update your tariff too.
Room price for a child is based on either child's age or the number of children, you can change this mode in Solidres Options - Rate Plan - Child room cost. The child max age can be configured in Solidres’s Option, the default value is 17 years old.
Example for room price based on child's ages is $10 for 0-year-old to 10 years old child and $15 for 11 years old to 17 years old child.
Example for room price based on child's quantity is $10 for the first child and $15 for the second child. Child's ages will be ignored.
Package per room: It is a special type when you can only set 1 single price for a room in a specific date range. Different package rate plan types cannot be joined together.
This tariff type is useful when you want your guest to book a fixed room's package. For example "Double room 4 nights with breakfast". For this rate plan type, the min night and max night should be equal.
Package per person: The same with Package per room but this type allow setting room price for each booked adult and child.
This rate plan type is useful when you want your guest to book a fixed room's package. For example "Double room 4 nights with breakfast. The first adult is $35 and the second adult is $30". For this rate plan type, the min night and max night should be equal.
Rate per room type per stay (New): it allows you to charge a different amount when guests want to book the whole room type (or apartment), not separated rooms. This rate plan type is often used when the owner want to offer a discount for guest to book the whole unit (apartment) instead of booking seprated rooms.
Below are 02 screenshot to demonstrate Weekly and Monthly modes that we described above:
Details for rate plan modes can be found below:
Since Complex Tariff v0.6.0, you can choose between entering prices per date or per week (available for Rate per room per stay and Rate per person per stay). Depends on your pricing structure, this new mode can help you to manage your pricing better in some use cases.
Since Complex Tariff v1.1.0, Complex Tariff plugin allows you to set "Minimum length of stay" and "Maximum length of stay" per day. Owners are now able to set different min/max length of stay requirement per single day. This new feature applies to rate plan type "Rate per room per stay" and rate plan's Mode = "Day".